Gemstone Review –
Birthstones - The modern list - ruby gemstone [ad_1] ruby gemstone -
There are many lists of stones corresponding to the months or signs of the zodiac. The most recent is a list that was adopted by the National Association of Jewelers in 1912. This is the official list of birthstones used in the United States. Not only are some stones associated with a particular month, but each month is associated with a color. These colors have been derived from the natural color of individual birthstones. Here is the modern list of gems and matching colors:
- January - Gemstone garnet, dark red color. Although garnet is most often considered a red stone, garnet is present in all colors except blue. Technically, each garnet color has its own name.
- February - Gemstone of purple amethyst. Amethyst is one of the most popular gemstones and is worn by many people regardless of their birth month. Amethyst is the violet variety of quartz.
- March - Gemstone aquamarine, pale blue color. The aquamarine is a member of the family of beryl gems, with emerald.
- April - Diamond, white or light color. There is nothing but the spark and fire of a good quality diamond in the world of gemstones.
- Can - Emerald precious stone of green color. Emeralds are found in many countries, with Colombia and Brazil producing some of the most beautiful stones.
- June - pearl or moonstone, white color. Pearls are the only gems from living creatures.
- July - Ruby precious stone of red color. Ruby and sapphire are types of mineral corundum. The only gemstone harder than a ruby or a sapphire is a diamond.
- August - Peridot precious stone of pale green color. Peridot is present in many parts of the world. It is also found sometimes in meteorites.
- September - Sapphire precious stone of deep blue color. Sapphire exists in nature in many different colors in addition to blue, but the blue stone is associated with September.
- October - Precious stone opal, multicolored or pink. There are two types of opals, valuable and common. Precious opals are the stones that present the "fire" or color schemes that make the reputation of the stone.
- November - Precious stones of yellow topaz or citrine, yellow color. Topaz yellow topaz is relatively rare and expensive. Citrine is often substituted.
- December - Blue or turquoise topaz stones, blue color. Blue topaz is sometimes irradiated to improve and deepen the blue color. Tanzanite was added to the December selections by the American Gem Trade Association in 2002.
Birthstones - The modern list